(urth) What's So Great About Ushas

Paul B pb.stuff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 07:42:30 PDT 2008

No, you misunderstand what I meant by invoking Baldanders, a scientist on a
planet without scientists.  He _knows_ more than other Urthlings, and can
make better guesses than them on a variety of subjects.  He "perceives more
of the universe".

Any society is comprised of individuals on a continuum of cognitive
ability.  To let this govern morality is unfair at best, and horrifying at
worst.
This is why letting the Hierogrammates off simply on the basis of their
superior understanding is an abhorrent idea.

Paul