(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Mon Jul 14 22:42:01 PDT 2008

Another point about why I think the Hierogrammates worked directly for the
Increate that I have mentioned in the past but forgot to mention this time
is that business about them being "designated as those who recorded the
rescripts of the Increate." (URTH, XIX, 138) How should rescript be defined
in this context? The OED lists, in order, (slightly abbreviated):

1) a. Decretal epistle from the Pope in reply to some question or difficulty
referred to him; Papal decision, decree or edict.

  b. Reply sent by a Roman emperor to a magistrate or other person
consulting him on a doubtful point of law or as to the action to be taken in
particular circumstances.

2) Any decree, edict, order, or formal announcement made by a ruler or
governing body, or having an official character.

3) Something written over again; a rewriting.

I think that, no matter how one defines it, rescript strongly implies that
the Hierogrammates were in direct contact with the Increate.

-Roy