(urth) Summa Contra Hieros

b sharp bsharporflat at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 11:36:09 PDT 2008

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes posts:
>When you come right down to it.
>Isn't what the Hiero-Foos are doing,
>the same thing Mr. Million/Maitre/Number 5 do,
>only on a cosmic scale?

>Rather than warping their own children to ensure their own repetition
>they are warping entire cosmic cycles to do so.

>If what the Line of Millions do in "Cerberus" is wrong,
>then what the Hiero-Foos do is insanely wrong.

Hah! DDO, you'll get no argument from me. Personally I tend to value
the results of natural selection over carefully planned and engineered
products.

But forced as I am to play Angel's Advocate I must say no, the Hiero-foos
are superhuman and know just what the results of their tampering will be. Mr.
Million was human (originally) and (obviously) did not know what the results
of his experiments would be.  Gosh, his offspring are so much meaner than he
is. I guess nurture matters after all ;-).