(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

Paul B pb.stuff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 22:04:23 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:20 AM, Jeff Wilson <jwilson at io.com> wrote:

> Dismiss it?! I've been discussing it with these fellows for years on the
> list, and years before that on GEnie with mantiss and Hartwell and the gang.
> Trying to reverse engineer a framework of moral philosophy is not easy, and
> you being dismissive of me is not helping anyone.

Now I don't think I understand.  If the Hierogrammates are morally justified
in doing what they do, what problem are you discussing?  What are you
reverse engineering?  I'm not quite sure what moral segregation is, but it
sounds like relativism, and if you believe it applies to this situation then
I don't understand what you could talk about for years.  There is then no
ethical quandary and the sacrifice of Urth is just a necessity that isn't
even terribly regrettable.  What moral problem did you have in mind then?