(urth) Terminus Est

John Smith jsmith2627 at att.net
Thu Jul 3 10:22:32 PDT 2008

Doesn't  the "man-edge" and "women-edge" distinction
just tell the executioner which side of the blade to
use?  And don't you tell the edges apart by the heads
(which I took to be male and female) on the sword's
guard?

"Man-edge and woman-edge could part a hair to within a
span of the guard, which was of thick silver with a
carven head at either end."  (Shadow, XIV)

The blade can still be symmetrical, even if each edge
has a separate use.

Jack