(urth) Terminus Est

John Smith jsmith2627 at att.net
Wed Jul 2 05:26:10 PDT 2008

The mercury channel would weaken the spine of the
sword no matter how it was made.  Another problem:  If
the empty part of the channel is filled with air, the
pressure of the air would impede the mercury from
flowing freely when the sword descends.   The empty
area needs to be a vacuum.  This would be hard to
craft and would further weaken the sword.

Jack

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0312890176/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_NbJ7tGRdKh0/SA5jUTfngHI/AAAAAAAAAhg/02p19YKx228/DSC01101.JPG