(urth) Graves etc.

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 20:24:06 PST 2008

sorry roy, hadn't checked my email for a few days.

Yes, I was about to post something to that effect -
Wolfe is a reader of fiction, and while he researches
his novels, I think we would be surprised to note how
much time he has spent exclusively writing rather than
amassing a huge collection of esoteric and obscure
books that he peruses in his infinite time.

I think he once told me he hadn't gotten far in War
and Peace, nor read the entirety of Brothers
Karamazov.  However, to be fair, he has certainly read
all of Dickens and Proust and Herodotus and
Chesterton, and the other obvious influences.

But you don't have to have read everything to be a
great creator, eh?