(urth) Hiero-people

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Wed Jan 9 05:13:26 PST 2008

And there's a court of heaven with various officers and so on. You can
figure out which archangel is taking which office in which aeon and so
forth (by this system, it may interest some to know, the entity filling
the office of 'ha-Satan' at the time of the book of Job (and still today)
is the Aa Gabriel, who is also held to be (under his Arabic name of
Jibrail) responsible for dictating the Quran to Muhammed)).

The Biblical/Christian stuff seems to be (ulitmately) based upon the
Persian empire when it isn't based upon the Egyptian stuff, and didn't the
Persians crib heavily from the Assyrians and Babylonians? And thence into
the middle distant and distant past....

It gets even more interesting in the Indian literature, where various gods
etc are explicitly said to be in/on various 'lokas' (loka is usually
translated 'world' or 'planet'). The big question is, what if all of this
mythology/theology is more or less dimly remembered history? This is a
question Wolfe plays with very often.

.