(urth) A Cabin on the Coast

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:04:07 PST 2008

I saw your "Interpreting Wolfe" list on Amazon; I see you put The
White Goddess on that too. It's one of those things I've been meaning
to read for a while, and learning it's influenced by Wolfe makes me
want to read it more. In a similar vein, is there any evidence that
Wolfe has read Frazer's Golden Bough (Or at least some of it - The
whole work is 13 volumes or something ridiculous like that).

Not to sound silly, but do you think you could elaborate just a bit on
the Frazer-Wolfe connection in Pirate Freedom? I don't know much about
Graves, and there wasn't anything in PF that just screamed "White
Goddess" to me, a layman. I suppose I could see some influence in New
Sun, but PF, not so much. I don't doubt it's there, it's just I don't
know enough to see it.

-Matt