(urth) Damn filthy Hiero-wasp-creatures

Lane Haygood lhaygood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:09:45 PST 2008

Remember that Wolfe uses narrators to tell his story -- unreliable
ones. Anything written in the narrative voice should be taken to be
the thought of the narrator, not necessarily Wolfe himself. That, and
Catholicism isn't necessarily a monolithic edifice of thought. I can
certainly see where various philosophical and theological schools
influence the "mythology" of Wolfe's works, as it were. I don't think
Wolfe intends to endorse these as a proper system of belief so much as
he uses them to make his works interesting and meaningful.

Lane