(urth) Damn filthy Hiero-wasp-creatures

Matthew Groves matthewalangroves at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 04:52:10 PST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 11:18 PM,  <thalassocrat at nym.hush.com> wrote:

> One of the things not to like about this reading is that in some
> ways it turns NS into a literary trick analogous to those of the
> Hiero-dudes.

Speaking for myself, this is the nail in the coffin of this reading.
Calling it a "literary trick" makes it sound like something Wolfe
might do, but really it just turns too much of The Book of the New Sun
into a Big Fat Lie.

On Jan 8, 2008 12:37 AM, Roy C. Lackey <rclackey at stic.net> wrote:

> As you are doubtless aware, I have argued the opposite view before

Roy, would it be possible for you to find and post a link to that old argument?