(urth) Pirated audiobooks

Mark Millman markjmillman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 12:58:50 PST 2008

Folks,

The SFWA probably are not the right contact for this.  Not long ago
they tried to act, as they thought, on behalf of some of their members
with regard to some electronic rights issues.  It turned out, if I
remember correctly, that the SFWA were not empowered to act for any of
those members, and for some authors--I recall in particular Cory
Doctorow--their actions were in direct opposition to the authors'
wishes.

Mr. Wolfe's agent would be a much better person to notify.  The agent
is responsible for protecting the author's rights, and will also know
whether or not any particular publication is authorized.  Regrettably,
since Virginia Kidd's death, I no longer know who that may be.  Do any
of you have that information?

Best,

Mark Millman