(urth) Crowley and mystery

Zvi Gilbert zvi at vex.net
Wed Dec 17 14:38:56 PST 2008

> > It's just probably not the sort of stuff that inspires me to get online
> > and try to hash out what the hell is going on with some other readers.
> For that, I would recommend John Crowley, especially _Engine Summer_ and
> _Little, Big_.

I don't find either of those books particularly confusing. Wonderful,
brilliant, and exquisite, yes; but they're not New Sun-like. I suspect a
discussion of it for me would devolve into quoting favorite lines and
swooning.

However, Crowley's long and complex four novel series Aegypt (The
Solitudes, Love & Sleep, Daemonomania, Endless Things) is something that I
would love to hash over with interested parties. As many of its
characters and situations are drawn from history (John Dee, Giordano
Bruno, and so forth), I would just like some particularly erudite person
to lecture at me about the source material -- I suspect I would learn a
lot that way.

--Zvi