(urth) AEG clones

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Mon Dec 22 22:29:42 PST 2008

James, me, James:
> >>I thought that was the whole point of the clone theory. The clone theory
> >>allows murderer Reis to give Cassie a deadly bracelet, and island king
> >>Rosenquist to fall in love with Cassie and take it back and give her a
> >>diamond one instead.
>
> >Which one killed a thousand or so people to take control of the islands?
> >Which one benefited?
>
> To take control of them from whom? The Squid God? One man's wild-eyed
> revolutionary is another's liberator. The lesser king who described the
> events to Cassie seemed to see W.R. as a liberator.

Yeah, but only while things were good. When push came to shove, Kanoa turned
on him and got him killed. Btw, it was Kanoa who gave another "W.R." name
for him, Wiliama 'Aukailani. Between his native and British accents, it's
hard to tell if the apostrophe represents only one or more than one missing
letter, but the second name will surely start with "R". Anyway, Kanoa calls
him "Bill in private. No side, eh? William, the sailor of Heaven." (248)
That suggests that the island "liberator" is the same guy who gave Cassie
the deadly bracelet, William "Bill" Reis.

-Roy