(urth) [AEG] Gideon Chase's identity

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Sun Dec 21 15:33:24 PST 2008

Roy C. Lackey wrote:
> I brought that stuff up four days ago, but no one followed up on it. Maybe
> it got lost in the shuffle. <g> It happens all the time that someone sees
> something that someone else has seen. Don't worry about it.

I brought it up a couple of months ago, along with some additional
twists. Here is my reference:
http://lists.urth.net/htdig.cgi/urth-urth.net/2008-October/010311.html

In brief, my theory is that:
1) Gid's biological father is a Woldercan native.
2) His father is a "walker of dreams" (wizard) who inspired Lovecraft's
tales of Randolph Carter.
3) Working from arcane knowledge he possessed, Robert Chase worked with
Chuck Finney to get Woldercan discovered. Finney is a descendant of the
man who wrote "The Circus of Dr. Lao" and may have had some secret notes
from the time his forefather met that alien being.
4) Robert Chase probably had his wife impregnated by a Woldercan
deliberately, in order to produce a powerful child.
5) Robert Chase trained his son in Earth arcana.