(urth) Castleview comments

John Smith jsmith2627 at att.net
Fri Dec 19 13:37:12 PST 2008

--- On Fri, 12/19/08, Dave Tallman <davetallman at msn.com> wrote:

> Here's a page that appears to be about that castle,
> with a picture:
> http://www.dupontcastle.com/castles/vianden.htm
>
> I looked on Google Maps for other interesting locations
> near
> Barrington, and I found Meadowsweet Ranch, a possible model
> for Meadow
> Grass in "Castleview." On p. 127, a state trooper
> mistakenly calls it
> "Sweetmeadow."

That's a great picture of the castle.

The "Castleview" restaurant no longer exists, but you can still see the castle if you're around Barrington.     From Barrington, take NW Hwy (US 14)  northwest about 6 miles to Fox River Grove.  Turn left on Foxmoor Av, turn right on Ashbury, and then turn right on Concord to go by the castle.  (This is a tiny village, so the distance between these turns is short.)

Best wishes,

Jack