(urth) OT: Vance Autobiography

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 16:03:23 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 5:15 PM, James B. Jordan <jbjordan4 at cox.net> wrote:
> Anybody know why Gene W. is not among the authors in Songs of the Dying
> Earth? Seems to me that's a place he'd really like to be included.
>
> Patera Nutria

I gather he was asked to contribute, but declined? I think George R.R.
Martin said something to that effect in the comments section on his
blog.

Odd - Wolfe has done so many pastiches and homages in the past. He
even did a story with Robert E. Howard's Kull (Six From Atlantis) a
few years back. (For the curious, it wasn't one of Wofle's best, it
was very short, and the anthology is out-of-print -
http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.php?id=3363)

-Matt