(urth) AEG clones... send them in

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Thu Dec 18 11:44:58 PST 2008

John Watkins wrote:

> Did Reis write the play for Cassie?  I was of the impression that
> Chase knew about Reis's play, and made Cassie into a star in order to
> infiltrate the play, but I don't know why it is I think this.

I had the impression he wrote it for her (as part of a trap, initially).
Reis seems to admit it here: "I'm financing the show you're in as a vehicle
for you, Cassie." (p. 144). I believe it was meant to send a message to
Chase: "You think you can recruit someone to spy on me? Look how quickly I
can entrap and destroy her. You'd better join my side."