(urth) Severian among the Ascians

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Thu Dec 11 15:43:13 PST 2008

>> I'm reminded of the Mormon claim that Jesus spent some of the Missing
>> Years in America.

> I'm assuming that by Missing Years, you mean between age 8 and 30.  The
> Mormon claim is actually that Jesus spent time in America after his
> resurrection.

There are, apparently, (according to modern, Christian Polynesians)
pre-Christian Polynesian stories about some white guy going around on a
big boat around the time of Christ and doing miracles.

Also, and I don't think there is a connection, large numbers of Tongans
are Mormons (the official Church is Weslayan, and there are also a lot of
Catholics in Tonga).

.