(urth) The Will Of God

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Dec 8 06:55:03 PST 2008

Yes, that's likely to have been intended. It fits with so much else.

But I'm thinking primarily of Ash's "future," which is only a possible future from a time before the New Sun, not after. Therefore, it's possible that one could consider it extinct after the New Sun comes. And I think the Hierodules say (in "Urth") that they never met Ash but they did meet the Green Man. So that may suggest that Ash's future is gone.

However, the whole idea of the "corridors of time" implies intersections, not just back and forth. Following this, it's possible that the Hierodules, if they are able to move forward in time at all (I never could figure this out), could go back until Ash becomes possible, then go forward to meet him. But (a) they apparently can't and (b) in that scene, they haven't yet come to the point where Ash is possible, so they wouldn't have.

Message: 2