(urth) An Old mystery ...

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Dec 5 08:01:22 PST 2008

Huh.

Well, thanks for that.

So maybe the biblical Flood could be seen as a eugenics project too! ;)

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:16:54 -0500
From: "John Watkins" <john.watkins04 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) An Old mystery ...

I agree that the Hieros might not care to save the Ascians.

One argument that's been made here before (can't recall by whom) is that the
humans of Urth have interbred with cacogens.

Thus, the Hieros eugenics project--wipe the cacogen blood away, perserve a
handful of "pure" humans, and start over again.

The parallel to the Biblical Flood is clear--the Flood was motivated, in
part, by the interbreeding of women with Nephilim:

Genesis, Chapter Six (KJV, again, for literary effect)

4 There were giants
[nephilim<http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/nephilim.html>]
in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came
in unto the daughters of men,

and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of
old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth,

and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil
continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved
him at his heart.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of
the earth;

both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for
it repenteth me that I have made them.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 081204-0, 12/04/2008
Tested on: 12/5/2008 11:01:23 AM