(urth) An Old mystery ...

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Thu Dec 4 14:16:35 PST 2008

>I suppose I just find it all a LOT less interesting to boil it down to a Self Preservation or Eugenics plan without the will of the Increate involved.

(replying to myself because I want to post a question about an old mystery that this feeling above made me think about)

How do you Christian's resolve the Astrological correspondences with the Biblical story of Jesus Christ?

There are many books and videos out there that talk about the astrological correspondences. Unfortunately, the most widely viewed, and the first that comes to my mind, is the Zeitgeist film.  There are many things wrong with that movie (though the last part about money is pretty good).
let's not get waylaid by the many problems, such as it's misrepresentation of some of the figures it would conflate with Christ, or its weak sourcing. (You can practically see the books in the filmmakers lap)
but the film presents the Astrological Correspondences fairly well.

you know the gist, right?
The Sun is Christ. Judas is Scorpio. The Judas Kiss is the Sun in Scorpio, which is then subsequently weaker (lower and lower in the horizon, and more distant), until it 'dies' a few days before Christmas, (seeming to stand still for 3 days) then coming back to life on Chrismas (seeming to move again, and ascending in the sky).  and such like, with Easter being the Spring Equinox Fertility time.

I may have sketched it poorly, but the correspondences are VERY strong, in a way that tests many people's faith.  Surely Zeitgeist is trying to debunk Christianity in a big way, but these correspondences are there regardless of Zeitgeit's agenda.

So how do you feel about your myth being 'flattened' into a mere mechanistic universe with ignorant inhabitants who must anthropomorphize their life sustaining solar body as a Diety?

Some Catholics say the sun does that because Christ did that.
but surely there were Astronomers charting this out before Jesus.

Personally, I find it hard to reconcile, and haven't quite.  Yet Faith & Intuition tell me that there may be something to that idea, but one must move beyond the idea of Jesus in particular to this notion of Cosmic Principle that both Jesus and the Sun must represent.  Yes, I'm saying the literal sun could be an instantiation of this.  I'm not sure I believe it, but it's one of the only ways I can reconcile this myth with the astrological correspondences.

anyone?

~sonofwitz