(urth) An Old mystery ...

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Thu Dec 4 12:23:13 PST 2008

>I'm going to definitely concede that one area that Severian is very
>UNChristlike is that he isn't aware of his (possible) connection with the
>Divine plan.  Christ certainly knows where his bread is buttered.  Sev
>doesn't.  But again, at root this is all a "Sev has some echos of the Christ
>Myth" not "Sev is actually Christ".

Yes,
if at any point I've said he is Christ, it was in the spirit of metaphor, just as you might say Inire is Daedalus.  It seems like you can do that with anybody but Jesus Christ.

>The hair's we are splitting are getting so fine I'm gonna need a bigger
>scalpel.

And again, the main hair I'm splitting is that the Story of Jesus Christ is itself a reflection of a cosmic principle.  Can't we abstract that enough to realize that there are MANY myths talking about this same Energy, or Principle, or Entity, or Schizophrenia inducing Pink Beam of Light.