(urth) An Old mystery ...

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Thu Dec 4 12:05:08 PST 2008

>On 12/4/08, Jordon Flato <jordonflato at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, is Christ's Mass Genocide at the second coming not 'Christlike?'
>>

>Not exactly sure that's a fair way to describe the Second Coming...the
>End of the Universe is naturally a "mass genocide" in a sense, but a
>very limited one...
>
>> I suppose you can argue that there is also the salvation of souls with that
>> Apocolypse as opposed to Urth's.  However, I don't think you can write that
>> out of New Sun.  We don't know what happens to everyone's soul on Urth when
>> it's destroyed, but, presumably, if this a world in which God exists, then
>> SOMETHING happens to those souls.  They are not all extinguished forever.
>> Some may go to DIS or hell or whatever
>
>Well, yes, but neither Severian nor, it seems, Tzadkiel is the master
>of life and death.  They have no sure knowledge of life "on the other
>side," nor any authority over creation the way a divine being does.

"Do you know the meaning of that word Hierodule you use? I am Malrubius, and no Hierodule. Rather I serve those the Hierodules serve. Hierodule means holy slave. Do you think there can be slaves without masters?"

The Hierogrammites are like Archangels doing the busy work of God.
Tzadkiel is not the demiurgos, nor the increate. He is yet a holy servant.