(urth) House Absolute

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Wed Dec 3 16:15:23 PST 2008

Ok, the text does specify it as rock, and thus I suppose you are right. it couldn't be a landfill.

I'm no archaeologist, but isn't the earth a city like UR is found in considered rock and not just dirt.
and if not, isn't it rocky enough for someone like Severian who knows of Lightning rather than Electricity, to take a hardpacked sediment as rock?  I mean, you can stand on it. you can carve steps into it.  What does Severian know of the definition of rock?  It does mention the stuff was deposited chiliads before the first stones of Nessus were laid, but again, this is just Severian's understanding.

I guess I don't have a firm opinion either way.

~witz