(urth) A new mystery ...

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Wed Dec 3 03:46:17 PST 2008

> In the Christian mythos, Jesus *died*

Just for a couple of days. Then he was wandering around and doing stuff.
And then he was puppeteering Paul all about the place, and (as the story
goes) has been doing similar things all through until today.

>                                to save the world, so to speak, even
> if that world was in the everafter. He was unique, in the Christian
> mythos, in that he was resurrected.

Elijah raised one, Elisha raised two, Jesus raised Lazarus and couple
others (I think) himself. Jesus did it all by himself, apparently, is what
made him unique.

>                                Sure, Severian died a few times and was
> resurrected, one way or the other, and as the Conciliator he brought about
> the renewal of Urth as Ushas. But the people of Urth had to die while
> Severian *lived*, as a petty god, sitting on the beach writing his memoirs
> and watching the girls go by. It just ain't the same.

Hey, Jesus does whatever he likes. He's God, after all.

.