(urth) "Goodbye Old Buddy" -- Pirate Freedom murder mystery, take two

JBarach at aol.com JBarach at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 21:41:29 PST 2008

Henry writes:

> I think the man who received the manuscript was none other than  G.W.

That's correct, I think.  This is a commonplace in science fiction and
fantasy.  In fact, you can write a whole alternative biography of Edgar  Rice
Burroughs (and someone has, though I forget where I read it) based on the
information he gives you in the forewords to his various books about meeting  John
Carter, and so forth.  Wolfe likes to play with this kind of stuff, as  his
introduction to the Latro books indicates.

John

AOL.com.