(urth) The significance of Apu Punchau

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Tue Dec 30 10:39:10 PST 2008

On Dec 29, 2008, at 10:29 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:

> David Stockhoff wrote:
>> Well, that's one theory that has been raised---that Urth is in a
>> "later" universe than Earth. The idea of Urth being a subsequent
>> "run" is intriguing. But it's both unnecessary and unsupported.
>> Perhaps the plainest problem with this is the existence of the
>> lunar module photograph.
>
> We worked out earlier in 2008 that the composition of the picture
> described does not match any of the publicized Apollo 11 photos. If
> it is literally a painting, the artist took considerable liberties
> or it is some other moon landing. Alan Bean does similar paintings,
> but did not begin until 1982.
>
> --
> Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com

I haven't read all the replies yet, so forgive me if this is redundant.
but I've always figured it was a painting of the moon photo for a
couple of reasons.
A) Rudesind cleans paintings and would know the difference between the
surfaces of a photo and a paining.
B) Photo paper has a range of about 75 years before it begins to
really deteriorate.  It's hard to imagine photos surviving.