(urth) The argument for Intractability

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Dec 29 15:34:33 PST 2008

There is that point in the story where Severian heals (I forget whom he heals, perhaps Declan) and he tells us very precisely what it is like to cram one's consciousness into a human mind when one is a god. I think it's in New Sun ...

I like the idea of a star as a body. At any rate, the body of Severian is indeed hardly divine, nor is his mind. That's the point. The god who inhabits him (Severian, not Severian's body) IS divine.

Message: 10