(urth) significance of apu punchau

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Dec 29 15:17:26 PST 2008

That's an interesting comment. Severian's lame leg points to this as well, and of course there is the Green Man. Also, Severian has undergone his share of repeated sacrifices or at least deaths. Though I think of Vodalus more as Robin Hood. He is cut down, though, unlike Robin.

I have called Severian a Lancelot, and I believe that associates him with trees and water crossings (and lakes) enough to justify including Frazer's theories here as an influence.

Message: 1