(urth) AEG clones

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 10:26:14 PST 2008

> 1) "...I saw 'The Red Spot' tonight..." (p. 67).
> 2) "You were wearing green the first time I saw you." (p. 119)
> 3) "I was thinking of the party." (p. 119)
> 4) "I didn't [see the play]. I know I said I did, but that was..." (p.
> 119)
[...]
> Clone theory: 1) F, 2) T, 3) T, 4) T. More trues than falses this way, but
> why not keep it simple and take the actions of his clone for his own?
>
> Loden dress theory: 1) T, 2) T, 3) F, 4) F. In this one, he had been
> caught in an admission he didn't want to make (#2). He covered for it
> clumsily, perhaps because he was flustered.

The Clone Theory is T for #1 if one presumes his clone saw it instead.
I don't actually think it counts for much anyway since it doesn't occur in
the Rusterman conversation, and a lie that a character admits is a lie later
is of a different type. An the Clone Theory doesn't generate previously
unimagined conundrums.

J.