(urth) OT: Vance Autobiography

Craig Brewer cnbrewer at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 17:04:43 PST 2008

Very different, but if you like "mystery" sf/fantasy, at least in the sense of starting without a clue and slowly having to puzzle your way toward figuring out what's going on, Steven Ericson's "Malazan Book of the Fallen" series is a fun read. It's a very different kind of read from Wolfe. But if you find yourself at all attracted to the the Robert Jordan/George R. R. Martin 10 book epics, this is the best of the bunch, imo. It has its problems, but I also find that it has its fair bit of puzzling that increases the fun.