(urth) AEG voices

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 06:17:53 PST 2008

> Who--or what--are the voices in Gid's hopper that Computer Lady didn't
> hear?
> Should I have recognized them from another source, as is the case for the
> Squid god? Why do they egg her on?

I thought they were "Gray Neighbors" mentioned at the Wrap Party at the
beginning of the book. The fact that they are there means that Chase is a
wizard, not merely a scientist or high-tech fixer, which we knew when he had
Cassie possessed by an Aphrodite-daemon.

If Wolfe had made a few very slight modifications to the book, he would have
had a nice juvenalia series here.