(urth) Abaia and the undines

John Smith jsmith2627 at att.net
Tue Dec 9 05:26:03 PST 2008

Isn't Abaia an alien monster from the stars?

 This is Jonas'  story of the black beans:

"...others went out in the ships that ply between the stars, returning with treasure and knowledge.  In time there returned a woman who had gained nothing among them but a handful of black beans...

"...-she displayed the beans to the lords of men, and told them that unless she were obeyed she would cast them into the sea and so put an end to the world.  They had her seized and torn to bits, for they were a hundred times more complete in their domination than our Autarch."   (Shadow, XXXV)

Best wishes,

Jack