(urth) The Will Of God

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Mon Dec 8 04:16:28 PST 2008

Brunians wrote:
> /
> /
> >>/ The latter, of course.
> /
> >/ Is the tree of alternatives fully populated?
> /
> I am not sure that I understand you.

It seems a bit contradictory to the concept of "the will of God" that
God would allow timelines in which every possible thing happens. It
would follow from what you said before that every possible thing is the
will of God.

Have you read Niven's "All the Myriad Ways"? It takes the multiple
worlds concept to just such a depressing moral conclusion. People who
are contemplating murder, rape, or suicide ask themselves -- "Why not?
It's going to happen somewhere."