(urth) Abaia and the undines

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Fri Dec 5 20:33:23 PST 2008

> I seem to recall that in an interview with James Jordan, Wolfe balked
> giving any place to Severian a stand-in for Christ. He explicitly
> corrected Jordan by stating he was a "Christ-figure".

He is, according to Wolfe a manifestation of the Mystical Body of Christ.
Perhaps it is more accurate to say that he participates in the Mystical
Body of Christ.

In Catholicism, the communicant eats the flesh and drinks the blood of
Christ. Christ (or bits of Him) thus becomes part of the communicant. The
Christian does not and cannot become Christ: Christ is the Unique
Incarnation. Christ becomes part of the Christian.

.