(urth) A silly digression on nits and how to pick them.

Kieran Mullen kieran at ou.edu
Wed Aug 13 21:08:11 PDT 2008

On Wednesday night I read:

> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:18:57 -0400 (EDT)
> From: brunians at brunians.org
> Subject: Re: (urth) A second dream team: Mucor, Oreb, and Pike
>

> Why is it important to you that other people should conform to your
> standards of correctness, Mark? If you understand what they are
> saying, is
> it really necessary that you point out to them that they are wrong?
> Why do
> you do this, if it is not necessary?

And  I immediately thought:

    "Eye suppoze  ewer rite.  If  ewe can sea watt peephole are saying
itz  knot raleigh kneaded two poynt out tooth em that they are rung."

    Mr. Millman may have been a bit exasperated in his corrections,
but they were short and to the point.  I learned something from them.
We should aspire to use these unfamiliar words correctly.

Kieran "Should anal-retentive be hyphenated?"  Mullen