(urth) Pedro Paramo

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 22:34:45 PDT 2008

On 2008.04.12 18:24:00 -0500, Steven Hall <sghall at comcast.net> scribbled 2.2K characters:

It's at least chronologically possible. _Peace_ was 1975, and apparently the abridged English translation published by Grove Press appeared in 1959 (<http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=990CEFD71030F935A3575BC0A963958260>). But it strikes me as unlikely, because it was obscure for so long (and still isn't as famous as, say, _100 Years of Solitude_), and the 1959 translation is described as undistinguished.

--
gwern
FALN Security M5 out Fortezza 03 Missiles FLiR FLETC bullion