(urth) Long Review Essay on Wizard Knight

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Tue Sep 25 02:53:48 PDT 2007

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:51:13 +1000 "Roy C. Lackey"
<rclackey at stic.net> wrote, inter alia:
> I don't know where, if anywhere, humans in Mythgarthr go
>when they die ...

I thought it was fairly clear that they cross the Bridge of Swords
into Hel's domain, unless they are specially favored.

But Sir Ravd threatens a villager with the prospect of Hel damning
her to an afterlife in Muspel playing with dragons, if she perjures
herself. So I guess that's an option also.

Also, there seems to be another hell-ish place apart from Muspel.
Able says somewhere that he was "at the siege of Nastrond".
Wikipedia says Nastrond was an afterlife punishment place for bad
people of various descriptions. I assume in the TWK cosmos it's a
region of Hel.