(urth) The poor Aelf

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 28 11:51:47 PDT 2007

Rostrum said:
> And I agree with what you're saying here (although I might object to> saying this has nothing to do with metaphysics!)

I can accept that there's a connection to it, but I feel that a focus on that connection is kind of looking the wrong direction when it comes to interpreting the books. I think that in many cases it can tangle things up more than is really necessary; for example looking at the Aelf as the same order of entity as a human person (just with some different distinctive properties, etc).

This is perhaps going out on a limb but often I am very tempted to say that there is only one actual *person* in this entire series, albeit that person (or parts of that person) is to be found in a plethora of different characters.