(urth) Setr's 1000 Year Reich

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Fri Sep 14 13:07:40 PDT 2007

Andrew quoted:
>>- Knight, beginning of Ch.26. Garsecg to Art, talking about the
>>Aelf-war which drove Setr out. "A thousand of your years have
>>passed since that war ..."

and wrote:
[snip]
>Setr was lying about the 1000 years, then. I wonder why?

There was no reason for him to lie about it, and I don't think he did. The
tower was built by the Aelf and had its roots in Aelfrice. The apparent
age/time discrepancies are explained by the difference in the rate of time
flow between any two levels of "reality". The lower the world level, the
slower time passes relative to the level immediately above it. Thus, a
thousand years in Mythgarthr may well have passed during the natural
life-span of a being in Aelfrice, just as Able spent twenty years in Skai
while his absence was hardly noticed in Mythgarthr.

-Roy