(urth) PF review

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Fri Nov 30 16:02:28 PST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 2:45 PM, <thalassocrat at nym.hush.com>
<thalassocrat at nym.hush.com> wrote:

> You can be a mobster and a pirate, but if you love
> Christ it doesn't matter? Is that good theology?

It's good Protestant theology [0].

Which is odd, given the religious affiliations of Chris, Wolfe, and
most Mafiosi.

Adam

[0] Yes, yes, I realize that I'm being reductionist to the point of
inaccuracy as well as awfully snarky, but honestly, that bit in James
about faith without works being dead *is* one of the bits that
Protestants prefer to ignore in favor of the bit from Ephesians about
grace being a gift that no works can attain.  Slap that into a sermon
with John 3:16 and you can make a case that faith alone--irrespective
of works--is sufficient.  Which I am sure is a great comfort to those
who prey with delight on their fellow men but go to bed secure in the
knowledge that they are the Elect.