(urth) Questions . . .

Lane Haygood lhaygood at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:22:59 PST 2007

I thought "pelagic" referred to open-ocean zones -- like there are
different *-pelagics for different depths (i.e., mesopelagic,
epipelagic, etc.)

Argosy was, I thought, a reference to the myth of Jason and the
Golden Fleece, a fleece said to give one the ability to fly. It would
seem to fit with some of the other Greek allusions that Mr. Wolfe is
fond of.

But then again, I'm no expert, certainly.

Lane