(urth) The hut in the jungle

Duncan Truter dtruter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:23:10 PST 2007

Sorry for the horrible text-mangling. I get this as a digest every day.

>From what little I know about The Tokolosh (plural), they're not large
or alzabo-ish. You have to put your bed on bricks, to prevent them
stealing you away in the night. The description I got when I grew up
in South Africa
 (not looking at wikipedia here!) is that they're "little men".
They're not part of my culture though, so I don't know too much about
them. I'm South African of european descent.

Looking at links here, I see:
http://www.vanhunks.com/tokoloshe1.html <-- I don't think zombies are
part of any south african culture here, from what I know. This link
may have inaccurate information.
reading further: it definitely does. "Belief in the tokoloshe has
spread to all races, nations and cultures in Southern Africa. ". I
don't know what to say here at all, I'm shocked. :D

I think the article is still worth reading though.

Duncan