(urth) The puzzles

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Sat May 19 08:48:26 PDT 2007

I wrote:
>>Wolfe *demands* more from his readers than many readers can -- or are
willing -- to supply, which is part of the reason he is not a best-selling
author. It is why the Urth list exists.<<

Looking back at the above, I hope that my meaning was not construed as
somehow insulting to the members of this list; far from it, as I am
obviously in the same boat. What I meant to convey was that many readers,
even among the sub-set who enjoy Wolfe, have little more than a passing
interest in solving the puzzles. They either lack the time needed to pursue
solutions or feel that the rewards are not worth the effort.

-Roy