(urth) the elephant in the room

Mo Holkar / UKG lists at ukg.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 11:04:01 PDT 2007

At 02:03 28/06/2007, Matthew wrote:
>I can figure out the place names well enough, but if only the gods
>to whom Latro speaks would occasionally mention in passing the name
>by which they might be recognized or googled by a 21st-century
>reader whose public school education included not one single lesson
>in the Classics, it would make progress ever so much smoother for me.

It seems to me that this sort of thing is a good use for a wiki page.
I know there's a load of stuff about it in the list archives, but
searching that for concrete information can be a painful process...

Anyway, I've set up such a page here:
http://www.holkar.net/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=WolfeWiki.SoldierNames
as part of my testing around the practicality of a general Wolfe
wiki. So far I've just bunged up a load of items from SotM and a few from SoA.

If anyone else would like to contribute, by adding, improving, or
whatever, please do -- there are some notes about that here:
http://www.holkar.net/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Admin.Editing

best,

Mo