(urth) The problem of Cthulhu

don doggett kingwukong at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 10:13:11 PDT 2007

--- Andy Robertson <andywrobertson at clara.co.uk> wrote:

> Likely enough.   Genocide is the rule in hominid
> group interactions, after
> all.

Oh, I don't know. I think it's a pretty modern
innovation. It seems that mass acculturation has been
the rule for most of human history. Thus the mongols
in China, the Persian, Parthian, and Roman empires,
blah blee, blah blah. That's one reason I think that
homo s. and homo n. might have interbred. The reason I
don't think that they were lunch is that they appear
to be larger, stronger, as smart as, and as
technologically advanced as the homo sapiens they had
encountered. Maybe disease got them, but I don't think
they were massacred.

Don

The Evangelists: a Lesser Apocrypha                                                                        http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=178109961