(urth) Tracking Song and vizcacha

Dave Lebling dlebling at hyraxes.com
Sun Jun 17 11:19:22 PDT 2007

Thanks, Matthew. It's "Lebling," by the way, not "Liebling." I think the
archives have various lacunae; my original post on this topic isn't
there, just responses from alga and others. A little earlier in that
archive is a post about problems with the database or the host, which
may explain it.

The epigraph has multiple meanings. The simplest is that Cutthroat, like
the Trojans, is an exile; he was expelled from the Great Sleigh, they
were expelled from Troy. On another level, remember that the Romans, the
descendants of Aeneas, were fostered by a she-wolf, as was Cutthroat by
wolves. Third, consider the human-like animal people who have been
approaching humanity for "seven years" and may now have reached it in
the person of Cutthroat. Fourth, consider the destroyed Troy reborn as
Rome, then a destroyed or at least diminished humanity (on the asteroid
or even universally) reborn from the animals.

Dave Lebling, aka vizcacha