(urth) Book of the New Sun Audiobooks?

Matthew King automatthew at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 14:59:56 PDT 2007

On Jun 14, 2007, at 4:34 PM, Rex Lycanthrosaurus wrote:

> According to the seller's information there are 50 hours of audio
> on the
> two disks. 50 X 60 = 3000 minutes -- not 1600. Curiouser and
> curiouser.

mp3 compression is very tunable, and you can get especially low file
sizes when working with spoken word recordings.

Case in point, I just now finished preparing an mp3 recording of an
hour long class. The final size was 6 MB.

At that level of compression, you can get over 100 hours on a CD.

Matthew