(urth) the elephant in the room

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:20:27 PDT 2007

On 6/27/07, David Duffy <David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au> wrote:
> Well, my question about bickering of the gods is, where is the God of
> the Israelites?  We seem to have carefully circled around there.  I'm a
> bit vague as to what is going on Biblically around this period.  I was
> wondering about Lions and B. as Solomon and Sheba but a few hundred years
> out ;)

Lessee ... this would be during the period of the return from Babylon.
Nehemiah would be exhorting the people to rebuild the Temple and
reinstate the priestly class. Not *too* long after this comes the
reign of Antiochus and the Maccabees.

As for "where is the God of the Israelites," He's not shown His
face to Latro that I can see, but a few things some of the gods
Latro meets -- no, I can *not* cite anything from memory! -- led
me to think that they are expecting to be ousted from their jobs
as rulers/guides of humankind soon (on their time scale).

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----